FAQ - Permission and Fee
1. Factory Acts B.E.1992 regulate to species the factory into 3 classes
(1) Type 1 factory are such factory of the type, kind, and size as capable of engaging in a factory business immediately upon desire of a person engaging in a factory business and must be operation under the ministerial rules and announcements of the minister.(2) Type 2 factory are such factory of the type, kind, and size as, when engaging in a factory business, must be notified in advance to the Grantor.(3) Type 3 factory are such factory of the type, kind, and size as to be granted a permit prior to the engagement.
2. Inspection of the factory status: Information for checking the status of factory, include information type of business, number of horsepower of machines and workers .You can check factory type by yourself from ministry regulation NO.1 ( B.E. 2535) or more information from government sector.
2.1 Industrial Cluster Bureau. (floor 2,3 and 4 Department of industrial work recommendation building )2.2 Office of the secretary. (floor 1 Department of industrial work recommendation building)2.3 Provincial Industry Office. (all provinces)
3. Payment the annual fees: The persons engaging in a business of group 2 factory and group 3 factory must pay the annual fees in accordance with the criteria, procedures, and rates as provided for in the ministerial rules throughout the period of engagement in the business. Failure to pay the fees within the specified period shall result in the payment of additional money at five percent per month.The factory in Bangkok area pay the annual fees at Department of industrial work recommendation and the factory in other area pay the annual fees at Provincial Industry Office.
4. The procedure and time to allow factory permit.
4.1 Verify area and doing inner report within 30 days.4.2 Consideration must be finish in 50 days.4.3 Declaration of the result sent to applicant within 10 days.
5. Type one factory, Type two factory and Type three factory are prohibited to be located in the following areas.
5.1 Allotted houses for residential purposes, residential condominiums, and row houses for residential purposes.5.2 Within the distance of fifty meters from the areas adjacent to public places such as school or educational institution, temple or religious site, hospital, historic site, and working places of the government bodies and this shall include the conservation sources of natural resources and environment prescribed by the Cabinet.
Rates of FeesFACTORY ACT B.E. 2535
|Horsepower||The license fees||the annual fees|
|0 up to 5||500||150|
|5 up to 20||1,000||300|
|20 up to 50||1,500||450|
|50 up to 100||3,000||900|
|100 up to 200||5,000||1,500|
|200 up to 300||7,000||2,100|
|300 up to 400||9,000||2,700|
|400 up to 500||12.000||3,600|
|500 up to 600||15,000||4,500|
|600 up to 700||18,000||5,400|
|700 up to 800||22,000||6,600|
|800 up to 900||26,000||7.800|
|900 up to 1000||30,000||9,000|
|1000 up to 2000||35,000||15,000|
|2000 up to 3000||40,000||12,000|
|3000 up to 4000||45,000||13,500|
|4000 up to 5000||50,000||15,000|
|5000 up to 6000||55,000||16,500|