FAQ - Online sale business in Thailand
Reference to the queries, the advice has received from the relevant officers as follows:Case: Import goods from Europe and sell in Thailand through online
(1) what is the advantage of me having 49% when opening company in Thailand? skip the work permit part because I don’t have the capital required to get that.
List1: The foreign company is prohibited to operate the specified business.List2: The foreign company is allowed to operate the specified business with foreign shareholding ratio not larger than 60%List3: The foreign company is allowed to operate the specified business with foreign shareholding ratio up to 100%
(2) What if we as partners get problems working with each other and decide to not work as partners, will I still have my rights as 49%?
(3) How much do I need in capital for getting work permit and what happens to the capital that I put, let say 1 million bath, is it deposited in bank as insurance without being touched or will this money be paid in exchange for getting work permit?
RE: The foreigner who wants to work legally in Thailand has to apply for Non-B Visa from Thai Embassy abroad and enter to the Kingdom with Non-B Visa. For more information about the standard process for foreigners who wish to work in Thailand, you could find from the attachment.
(4) What would it approximately cost us to open a company with BOI? Minimum capital investment and project feasibility
1. The minimum capital investment requirement of each project is 1 million baht (excluding cost of land and working capital) unless specified otherwise on the list of activities eligible for investment promotion that is attached to this announcement. As for knowledge-based services, the minimum capital investment requirement is based on the minimum annual salaries expense specified in the list of activities eligible for investment promotion.2. For newly established projects, the debt-to-equity ratio must not exceed 3 to 1. Expansion projects shall be considered on a case-by-case basis.3. For projects with an investment value over 750 million baht (excluding cost of land and working capital) the project’s feasibility study must be submitted with details as specified by the Board.