FAQ - Document required for Work Permit
(Please ensure all required documents are submitted and filed in the following order
- Form WP.1
- 3 Photographs size 3*4 cm (taken within the last 6 months)
- Certificate from the authorities or bank (for certificate)
- Employment certification (using prescribed form)
- List of aliens having received Work Permits
- Organization chart detailing names, positions and number of Thai and alien worker
- Original and copy of the passport or Alien Registration Certificate and Alient Resident Certificate
- Copy of certificate of Incorporation and copy of the list of shareholders (Form BorOrJor.5) (issued within the last 6 months)
- Copy of VAT Registration Application Form (PorPor.01), Special Business License, Foreign Business License or PorPor.09 (for change of business type)
- For legal entities having paid-up capital below THB 30 million, a financial statement showing a total asset value of at least THB 30 million
- Copy of transcript and/or employment reference letter issued by the previous employer
- Relevant documents, e.g. Forms PhorNgorDor.50, export documents, social security fund contribution documents, ATTA certification documents, etc.
- Map of the place of business
- Medical certificate confirming that the applicant has no prohibited diseases as prescribed by Ministerial Regulations (issued within the last 6 months)
* Foreign freelance journalists are required to submit only the following documents: (1), (2), (3), (4), (7), and (14)
- Alien working as a foreign journalist must submit the certification issued by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and a copy of their press card issued by the Government Public Relations Department.
- Officers from the bank, international banking facilities and representative offices of foreign banks must submit the applicable licenses and certification issued by the Bank of Thailand.
- If the authorized director is an alien working in Thailand, a copy of his/her work permit must be also submitted. If he/she is an alien who not working in Thailand, a Power of Attorney authenticated by a notary public or by a relevant foreign authority, appointing an individual as the authorized signatory, must be produced.
- If the place of business operations has a branch, factory or hotel, the applicant must submit evidence showing the location of such place, i.e. Factory License or Hotel License.
- Each of the authorized director's signatures on the application form and supporting documents must be accompanied by the Company Seal (if any).
- In order to submit the application at the One Stop Service Center for Visas and Work Permits, the work permit applicant's place of business must have a location in Bangkok and the designated branch offices specified in the Certificate of Incorporation, or the applicant must work for a representative office, regional office or regional operating head quarter outside Bangkok.
- The applicant must represent before the officer and sign their name on the Work Permit on the application submission date.
- A Power of Attorney issued by the employer and the alien must be affixed with THB 10 duty stamp and accompanied by a copy of the employer's national ID card or Work Permit and the authorized person's national ID card.
- Department of Employment : https://www.doe.go.th/prd/
- Office of Foreign Workers Administration : https://www.doe.go.th/alien