FAQ - International Trading Center Application
The company, W… T… been established in Thailand since 1989. a major plastic and chemical trading company/ distributor in this industry and now under BOI regulation, according to the information today that currently, Thailand has the International Trading Center program to attract investors, a query regarding to know more about the application and its condition.
Referred to e-mail, regarding apply for BOI promotion under activity of International Trading Center (ITC). Since we revised new investment promotion policy start from January 1st , 2015, activity of International Procurement Office (IPO) has been changed to International Trading Center (ITC). According to your existing promoted project is International Procurement Office (IPO) which receive the same incentive as ITC, so you can enjoy privilege under activity of International Procurement Office (IPO). However, if you would like to change type of promoted project from IPO to ITC, you have to fill revised form, and give us the reason of changing.
If customers are the dealer (Import for wholesale) this business could possibly be categorized under 7.6 Inter National Trading Centers (ITC) (on the list of activities eligible for investment promotion but if customer are the end user BOI does not promote a business.
International trading related services include:
- Procurement of goods
- Warehousing and inventory services prior to delivery
- Packaging services
- Transportation of goods
- Insurance on goods
- Advisory, technical and training services on goods
- Any other services stipulated by the Director General of the Revenue Department.
This category you shall receive the following incentives:
- Exemption of import duties on machinery.
- Exemption of import duty on raw or essential materials for use in production for export product for 1 year which can be extended as deemed it appropriate by the Board.
- Permit for foreign nationals to enter the Kingdom for the purpose of studying investment opportunities.
- Permit to bring into the Kingdom skilled workers and experts to work in investment promoted activities.
- Permit to own land.
- Permit to take out or remit money abroad in foreign currency.
Criteria for Project Approval
- The minimum of investment project is 1 million baht (excluding cost of land and working capital) for a new project.
- Modern production processes must be used.
- New machinery must be used.
- The value-added of the project must not be less than 20% of revenue.
- The debt to equity ratio of the project must not exceed 3 to 1.
For more information, please find fromhttp://www.boi.go.thandhttp://www.boi.go.th/index.php?page=criteria_for_project_approval