FAQ - Conditions and Incentives of Activities Software (BOI)
Conditions and Incentives of Activities Software (BOI)
Q: What is Conditions and Incentives of Activities Software under the BOI?
A: Activities 5.7 Software is divided into 2 categories as follows.
5.7.1 Embedded software
5.7.2 Enterprise software and/or digital content
- Incentives-A3 (not subject to the corporate income tax exemption cap)
Digital content includes:
- Animation, Cartoons & Characters
- Computer Generated Imagery (CGI)
- Web-Based Applications and Cloud Computing
- Interactive Applications
- Games: Windows-based, Mobile Platform, Consoles, PDAs, Online Games, Massive Multi-Player Online Games (MMOG) etc.
- Wireless Location Based Service Content
- Visual Effects
- Multimedia Video Conferencing Applications
- E–Learning Content via Broadband and Multimedia
- Projects must have expenses for salaries for IT-personnel of at least 1,500,000 baht per year.
- Projects must include software development processes specified by the Software Industry Promotion Agency (SIPA).
- Projects with an investment of 10 Million baht or more (excluding cost of land and working capital) must obtain a quality standard certificate from SIPA or receive a Capability Maturity Model Integration (CMMI) quality standard certificate or any equivalent standard within two years from the full operation start-up date. If the project fails to meet such conditions, one-year corporate income tax exemption shall be withdrawn.
- Revenue derived from sales or the provision of services that are directly related to a promoted software business shall be regarded as revenue of such promoted businesses.
Please see Section 5: Electronics and Electrical Appliances Industry page 5 via;
Source : Office of the Board of Investment:https://www.boi.go.th/th/intro/
Information as of July 2015