FAQ - Expired passport & Non - B Visa
There are 2 alternatives to handle this situation.
1.Use existing passport:
- The alien will get the permit to stay until the expiring date of his/her passport (3 months).
- Then, the alien has to get new passport and ask to stay in the Kingdom as the previous permitted.
Remark to ask for continuing stay in the Kingdom under the previous permitted, BOI approval letter (as previous permitted) and the company's letter to certify the alien's working status are required together with TM.8 (the application for Re-entry permit into the Kingdom).
2.Use new passport
- The officer at the Immigration suggested that it is better to get new passport and apply Non-B Visa to enter into the Kingdom.
Note TM.7, TM.8, BOI's approval letter and all relevant documents are required.
For more information about TM form and fee, please kindly access to
|Visa type||Purpose of visit||Supporting documents||Fee||Note|
||To transit to third country or to participate in sport activities, the person in charge or crew of a conveyance coming to a port, station or area in the kingdom.
||A copy of air ticket or an evidence of confirmed reservation to the third country 2. Visa of the third country (if required)3. Bank statement with minimum balance of 1,600 RMB.
180 RMB (will be permitted to stay for 15 days)
|1.Please submit passport with validity of more than 6 months together with an application form and a passport size photograph
2.Certain nationalities are exempted from tourist visa or eligible for visa on arrival if visiting Thailand on a tourism purpose. Please check with the Royal Thai Embassy before lodging the application.
3. Certain nationalities require special application channel. Please check with the Royal Thai Embassy before lodging the application.
||For Chinese Citizens.
1. A copy of round trip air ticket or an evidence of confirmed reservation.
2. Bank statement with minimum balance of 10,000 RMB.
3. Guarantee letter (In English or Thai) from the applicant's local guarantor, indicating the applicant's name and purpose of the applicant's travel to Thailand. The letter must include official letterhead of the company/school and affix with official seal.
4. Official document indicating the relationship of the applicants such as copy of the residence booklet, birth certificate of the child or marriage certificateFor foreigners Please note that the Royal Thai Embassy will only accept visa application from individual(s) with residency permit in china, providing that the residency permit remains valid after completing the trip to Thailand.
1. A copy of roundtrip air ticket or an evidence of confirmed reservation.
2. A copy of accommodation reservation.
3. Bank statement with minimum balance of 10,000 RMB.
4. Guarantee letter (In English or Thai) from the applicant's local guarantor or local school, indicating the applicant's name passport number and purpose of the applicant's travel to Thailand. The letter must include official letterhead of the company/school and affix with official seal.
|Non Immigrant B
||To conduct business activities.
||1. Guarantee letter (in English or Thai) from the applicant's company or employer which should be sealed and attached with business card of the guarantor. The letter should state the applicant's name, position, contact details, purpose and duration of proposed stay.
2. Invitation letter (In English or Thai) from company/business partners in Thailand
2.1 The letter should be signed by the person whose name is listed on the board list.
2.2 If the letter is signed by foreigner, a copy of his/her valid working permit is also required.
3. A copy of official documents regarding inviters in Thailand issued by Thai authorities which includes:
- list of shareholders- business registration and business license- company profile
- balance sheet or statement of taxes
4. A copy of round trip air ticket or an evidence of confirmed reservation.
|Non Immigrant F
||To attend official meeting or official business in Thailand
||1. Dispatch letter (from governmental or official organization)
2. Invitation letter (In English or Thai) from official authorities in Thailand.
|450 RMB (will be permitted to stay for 90 days).
||- Please submit passport with validity of more than 6 months, together with 2 application forms and 2 passport size photographs.
||Only for diplomatic or official passport holders who will assume duties in Diplomatic Mission or International Organization in Thailand or who will enter Thailand on official duty.||1. Note Verbale and/or documents issued by the government or international organization, certifying the identity of the person concerned and his/her purposes while visiting the Thailand.
||- Please submit passport with validity of more than 6 months together with an application form and 1 passport size photograph.
||For those who will enter Thailand on official duty or as guest of the Thai government or other purposes.|
- Permission to enter into Thailand and the length of stay are subjected to the discretion of the Immigration Bureau
- Further enquirers shall be directed via email at email@example.com
- Consular Section of the Royal Thai Embassy is located at 15 Floor of LG Twin Towers, West Building, 12 Jianguomenwai Street, Beijing 100022, Telephone (86-10) 6566 1149 / (86-10) 6566 2564 or facsimile (86-10) 6566 4469