FAQ - Establishing NON FORMAL Education

A1: It has been suggested that firstly, you should contact Ministry of Education, and inquire them whether your school will be under supervision of Ministry of Education or not. If it is the case, then to operate your mold school business, you will need to obtain license from Ministry of Education.
A2: The advice from an expert officer of an Office of the Private Education Commission (OPEC), the Ministry of Education, which would be an authorized agency that has a supervision onestablishingNONFORMAL education, the advices are as follows.-In order to open the school which provide only short-term curriculum (certain period, according to Private School Act) and relate to occupational/ vocational courses, thesemay be fall under List 3 of Private School Act and are required to apply for the license.-Regarding the name of the school, it must be managed to put in the word "school"in the name of the school; not institute, center, etc.-The most important regulation is that the school is needed to be Thai company, meaning thatThaishareholding ratio of the company is must beequivalent or exceeding 51%. On contrary, its foreign shareholding ratio of the companyis must not be exceeding49%.
More information about the Act, procedures were written in Thai only as the follows;


พระราชบัญญัติโรงเรียนเอกชน พ.ศ.2550



To apply for private school licenses, please access


เอกสารการยื่นขอจัดตั้งโรงเรียนนอกระบบ ใช้แบบ สช.5คำขอรับใบอนุญาตให้จัดตั้งโรงเรียนนอกระบบ

Please see application form via

application form for private school license

Contact point:

Office of the Private Education Commission (OPEC)

Tel: +66 (0) 2282 8652, 2282 8852

Source: Office of the Private Education Commission (OPEC), Ministry of Education

Information as of June 2014


Send us your enquiries for comprehensive information on doing business, and assistance to facilitate your investment in Thailand.
Contact Us