FAQ - Setting up "Tourism Business"

Refer to the answer from the officer of the Department of Tourism.

According to the Act of Tourism Business and Guide Registration 2008 "Tourism Business" means business about bringing visitors to travel.Or go for any other purpose. By providing services or facilities, either.Or more, including food, accommodation guide, or any other service as required.
In case investor wants to operate the business of "Restaurant on wheels”, foreign investor may require to obtain the license from Department of Tourism and the company is required to be Thai company (Thai hold the majority of shares, greater 51%).
For more information, please see
Act of Tourism Business and Guide Registration 2008
พระราชบัญญัติธุรกิจนำเที่ยว และมัคคุเทศก์ พ.ศ.2551
Thai Version via this link:https://bit.ly/2N81FEu
English version via this link;-
For Working of Alien Act B.E.2551, See this link:- (Thai Version):http://www.sc.mahidol.ac.th/ic/info/downloads/AlienAct2008.pdf
Contact person of the Department of Tourism
1. Mrs. Ajchareeya Kanchai
Email: ajchareeya_2008@hotmail.com Tel. +66 2 214 2058 2.
Ms. Chatrapee Praditsarn
Tel. +66 81 849 3045
Source:กรมการท่องเที่ยวสนามกีฬาแห่งชาติ ถนนพระรามที่ 1 แขวงวังใหม่ เขตปทุมวัน กรุงเทพฯ 10330 Department of Tourism National Stadium,
Rama 1 Road, Wangmai, Phatumwan, Bangkok, 10330
Fax 0-2216-6906, Email: webmaster@tourism.go.th

Information as of March, 2015


Send us your enquiries for comprehensive information on doing business, and assistance to facilitate your investment in Thailand.
Contact Us